May 13-29, 2017 Egle Rindzeviciute spent two weeks visiting atomic heritage sites in Russia. She worked in the archives of the Polytechnic Museum in Moscow, explored the world’s first commercial nuclear power plant in Obninsk (1954) and interviewed atomic heritage professionals as well as scholars studying nuclear legacies in Russia. A formerly secret science city, Obninsk is home to the Institute of Physics and Power Engineering which is developing a memorial complex dedicated to the origins of peaceful applications of nuclear energy in Russia. (By a decree of Stalin, the nuclear physics Laboratory V was founded in the Obninsko settlement in 1946, and in 1956 Obninsk obtained city status – see picture below.) On 15 May Rindzeviciute gave a lecture on nuclear heritage in Russia to the postgraduates at the School of Cultural Studies at the National Research University – Higher School of Economics, Moscow.